Let me tell you what I’ve been working on the past couple of weeks. I am in the process of switching my blogger blog muddy-feet.com to here at WordPress.org.
New England Momma is the handle name I use on Pinterest, Twitter and soon Facebook. I thought it appropriate to carry it over to my blog page to be able to encompass more info on day trips we take through out New England as well as crafts and gardening.Switching from Blogger to WordPress.org will allow me more customization for my website. I knew going into this, it would be a big process and unfortunately I am right!
Here are the steps I have gone through so far with more to come:
- I signed up for Blogelina’s 4 weeks to designing a website which also included a WHOLE YEAR of FREE Hosting with GoDaddy.com. The class has been very informative and the chance to ask her questions. I highly recommend it! I will share more info on the class soon. But in the meantime, check that link for more info.
- After choosing my domain name and setting it up with GoDaddy’s control panel, I went through the process of transferring content and pictures from Blogger to WordPress.
- The next part is to choose a theme. I read that the paid themes give you more flexibility and options for customization as well as support/help with your theme. I browsed all over the internet for over a week and finally decided on Studiopress Genesis Lifestyle Pro theme. I found a great website called What WP Theme Is That which does exactly what you think it would do. If you find a website you like, copy and paste the url into the search on this page and it will tell you what theme it is. More times than not, the Lifestyle theme is what came up for me so I decided to run with it.
- I have my new WordPress theme installed and have been doing a little customizing. I still have to pick a background and create a banner.
- I am also now on Facebook, so jump on over there and ‘Like’ my page for more frequent updates.
Thank you for your patience while I get my new website up and running!