I love day trips! Something I will be featuring a lot of as we get closer to summer are many of the fun day trips I have done with my family.
If you’ve never been to Yankee Candle’s flagship store in South Deerfield, MA, then you may want to plan a day to take the kids there over during April vacation. This is not your typical mall location with rows of candles and pretty knick knacks. Well, okay they do have those things after all it is “Yankee Candle” however it is SO MUCH MORE!
Household and garden products, a Bavarian Christmas village where it “snows” every four minutes, Santa’s workshop and candy area, dip your own candles, a restaurant, a bakery, a counter that sells gourmet popcorn and fudge. Ornaments and of course candles!
During School Vacation, there will be fun activities all week-long!
- Saturday, April 16 Mad Science Activity Booth, Noon-3pm
- Sunday, April 17 Meet Tom Ricardi and his birds of prey, 1-5pm
- Monday, April 18 Come bowl and play some mini-golf, 10am-2pm
- Tuesday, April 19 Lego set to build and take home, 10am-Noon (while supplies last)
- Wednesday, April 20 Sing-a-long with Tyler Conroy, 11am & 1pm
- Thursday, April 21 Make Ben & Jerry’s sundaes with Santa (a small fee applies), 1-3pm
- Friday, April 22 Magic shows with Ed Popielarczyk, Noon & 3pm
- Saturday, April 23 Enjoy our Arcade on Wheels and Laser tag, Noon & 3pm
- Sunday, April 24 Make a craft with Santa, Noon-2pm
- Fun Activities Every Day (a small fee applies) Face painting, caricatures, and glitter tattoos. Make your own candles, make a wax hand or dip a critter creation in Wax Works.
Here is a Yankee Candle video from their website showing all the fun to-do’s in South Deerfield Yankee Candle’s Flagship store!
Here at our Village store is where you’ll find 400,000 candles in over 200 different famous Yankee scents. It’s a unique, entertaining world of New England charm, fairy tale fantasies, and hands-on, interactive candlemaking that’s fun for every age.
**Event times and activities may vary, be sure to check their website for the most up-to-date information.
If you go…
- Go early or later and plan for it be busy.
- They do have shopping carts for your purchases (but on very busy days, they can be hard to get one)
- Remember which door you came in as there are many exits
- Plan for lots of walking and waiting as you stroll through. Younger kids may be happier in their own stroller especially if you anticipate a nap.
- There is ample parking all around the building.
- They take Yankee Candle coupons, just check on the coupon to see if it’s valid at the Deerfield location.
- Take your time and enjoy!
A short day trip from almost anywhere in the Northeast, The Yankee Candle Village Store is conveniently located in South Deerfield, Massachusetts.